Fort Carson & Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site - iSportsman

Your Sikes Act Permit & Recreation Management Service for Hunting, Fishing, and Wildlife Recreation



Fort Carson: Very High / Piñon Canyon: High



*** Just Getting Started To iSportsman? Step-By-Step Guidance On Getting An Account and Purchasing Your Recreation Permit(s) Click Here ***


Recreation Map Updates in 2021

As of 09/20/21  Revised Piñon Canyon Recreation Map with updates to training area boundaries. Click Here To Download

As of 04/23/21 Revised Fort Carson Recreation Map - Click HereTo Download

Please download the new maps that reflects these changes - it is your responsibility to make sure that you are not hunting in restricted areas!


REMINDER: FOR GMU 591: Bulk elk taken in all seasons must have 4 points or more on one antler OR a brow tine of 5 inches or more. For more information


Effective July 31, 2021, in accordance with the Deputy Secretary of Defense’s Memorandum, “Updated Mask Guidance for all DoD Installations and Other Facilities,” dated July 28, 2021, and guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), all Service Members, Federal employees, onsite contractor employees, and visitors – regardless of vaccination status – will wear a mask while inside all Fort Carson facilities. 

 COVID-19 & Recreational Access for DOD and NON DOD ID Card Holders: 

  • Access to Fort Carson and PCMS has been given to non-DoD civilian hunters (defined as hunters who do not have a DoD ID card or VA card) while the installations are in HPCON A through C. 
  • Current HPCON Level : Bravo (updated 09/15/21)
  • Current Access Guidance - Click Here
  • The Directorate of Emergency Services now offers an online visitor portal for visitors to apply for an installation access pass. Click Here
  • This could change to a higher, stricter condition if the current trends continue. 
  • HPCON Levels- Army Public Health Center


The KIOSK at GATE 1 is OUT OF ORDER. All check outs must be done at range control, building 9550, no later than 2130. Failure to do so will put a default administrative hold on your account for 6 months.

When Checking-in at the Kiosk:  If kiosk does not print your downrange pass, you need to check-in on iSportsman and then write your pass information on paper.  For your convenience, paper is provided at the kiosk to write your information on and put on the dash of your vehicle.  FC 200-6 Regulation 3-8, e. & f. states:

  • e. Customers obtaining a pass online must print a copy of the pass from their iSportsman account.  If unable to print a downrange pass when checking-in (e.g., using a mobile device), the customer must provide a legible hand-written paper pass. 
  • f. Hand-written paper passes must include the customer’s name, permit number, the date, and training area or block the customer is checked into.  A hand-written downrange pass can only be used after the customer has successfully completed the check in procedure on the iSportsman website and does not have access to a printer.

When accessing Fort Carson and PCMS for recreation, you are responsible for staying up to date with safety procedures, restricted areas, FC Reg 200-6, the Hold Harmless Agreement, and all other content pertaining to your activities that are published on this site.



Fort Carson is conducting extensive and prolonged military training during the fall & winter of 2021, including the normal big game seasons - hunting opportunities will be limited. These limited hunting opportunities should be considered when purchasing hunting tag  


Annual Safety Briefing Help

If you are having trouble with the annual safety briefing registering as completed, please read further. When you are in your account and you click to open the brief a timer will pop up too. You must keep both the timer up and brief open until it is done counting down. If you don't, you'll restart the process all over again. Once the timer is done and you've clicked done, it will tell you that you've successfully completed the quiz. Now, you can click on "Available Permits" and purchase a permit. The permits will not show up until after the brief is complete.



RV Parking & Reservations

Please call the MWR at 719-526-5366 or 719-526-5176 for reservations at Camp Falcon. If you are looking for dry RV or primitive camping please CLICK HERE to register on iSportsman and purchase a non-consumptive/camping permit.


Fishing Reservoirs

As of 08/26/21 - Reservoir water levels and water quality have improved from the recent drought conditions in the past months and all 4 reservoirs have been stocked with trout in August. We will re-assess each reservoir prior to the final fish stocking event in September.

  • The Womack Reservoir dock has been repaired and is now safe to use.
  • As of April 1, 2020, fishing at Haynes reservoir will follow Colorado Parks & Wildlife's bag limits and Fort Carson 200-6 regulation. 
  • New Fort Carson fishing maps have been made for your use. Each one includes fish species and bag limits that apply for each reservoir. Click here for MAPS


Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus Type 2 (RHDV2)

Important Notice - We Need Your Help

What is it?

State wildlife officials in Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah are working to track, manage, and prevent a deadly, highly contagious disease that infects wild and domestic rabbits and hares.

Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus Type 2 (RHDV2) is NOT transferrable to humans or other animals.

RHDV2 has been confirmed in the following areas by Colorado Parks & Wildlife (CPW).

  • Alamosa (wild cottontail and jackrabbits)
  • El Paso (feral rabbits, wild jackrabbits and domestic rabbit)
  • Montezuma (domestic rabbit)
  • Prowers (wild cottontails)
  • Pueblo (wild cottontails)
  • Weld (domestic rabbit)
  • Adams (jackrabbits)

CPW Fact Sheet

For more information on RHDV2: Click Here


The Bird Farm Recreation Area: OPEN for non-consumptive recreation only. 

  • This includes dog training with or without caps/blanks, hiking, photography, etc. 
  • To recreate in the Bird Farm you must get a down range pass and the Bird Farm has a maximum occupancy of five people.  
  • You are required to stay at least 50 feet from any active bird nests, including the artificial bird nest boxes in the Bird Farm.
  • For weekend hunting opportunities in the Bird Farm Rec Area for December 2022 check back for updates in the fall/winter.



  • Camp Falcon is NOT open for hunting
  • Fort Carson is not a Trophy Buck management area.  Our deer population has been drastically reduced via over harvest to research several methods to control chronic wasting disease (CWD).
  • All persons getting a downrange pass should be familiar with map reading and land navigation prior to accessing downrange areas.
  • DO NOT ENTER training areas that are not part of the Block on your Downrange Pass.


​​​If you have questions, comments, or concerns please visit the Contact Us page: Click here