Welcome to Fort Carson & Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site
iSportsman - Your Web-based Automated Recreation Service
RECENT NEWS & INFORMATION
***NOTICE - If kiosk does not print your downrange pass you can still check-in and -out on iSportsman and then write your pass information on paper. For your convenience, paper is provided at the kiosk to write your information on and put on the dash of your vehicle. FC 200-6 Regulation 3-8, e. & f. states:
- e. Customers obtaining a pass online must print a copy of the pass. If unable to print a downrange pass when checking-in (e.g., using a mobile device), the customer must provide a legible hand-written paper pass.
- f. Hand-written paper passes must include the customer’s name, permit number, the date, and training area or block the customer is checked into. A hand-written downrange pass can only be used after the customer has successfully completed the check in procedure on the iSportsman website and does not have access to a printer.
***If you harvested a big game this past weekend or game earlier this hunting season (e.g., Spring Turkey) and were not able to record the harvest, please call 719-526-8006 to provide the information. Thank you for your assistance!
***All recreationists, including fishermen, must complete the annual range safety brief before any permits will show or be available.
***Fort Carson's 200-6 Regulation, Wildlife Management and Recreation, has been revised (dated 17 May 2018). It is HIGHLY advised that everyone recreating on Fort Carson (FC) read this regulation in its entirety. Also a Supplemental Information Document was created to hopefully assist with understanding rules and steps to recreate on FC. Also, posted on this document are newly Reduced Recreation Permit prices for some customers and information concerning Youth and Non-participants.
There are new procedures to recreate and collect firewood on FC and Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS)
- ALL CUSTOMERS
- If it is your first time on iSportsman (for recreation and/or firewood collection) OR if it is your first time on FC iSportsman since August 28, 2017: Customers must first Register and create an account. Go to "Register" from the "Account Register & Log In Site" drop down.
- Enter information and remember your login ID (user name) and password to log in to the site after registration is complete. However, if you have previously registered on iSportsman at another installation or facility across the U.S. - You do not need to register on the Fort Carson iSportsman. Instead, select "Login" and use the username and password that you created at the other installation's iSportsman. Select YES, when asked if you want to join the Fort Carson iSportsman Portal. Hence forth, after registering, you will log into your account by selecting "Login".
- All actions on iSportsman (i.e., watching the range safety brief, buying & printing permits, getting a down range pass, updating personal information) can only be done while logged into your personal account.
- FIREWOOD CUSTOMERS
- There is a new procedure to acquire a firewood collection permit and downrange pass for Downrange Wood Collection. All wood collection permits (i.e., wood yard or downrange wood collection) and the wood splitter rental are bought here on Fort Carson's iSportsman website. Permits cannot be purchased in-person anymore. Go to "Firewood Collection Program" above for all the details and instructions on how to buy your firewood permits.
**Game Management Unit (GMU) 591 - All Elk and Deer need to be taken to Colorado Parks & Wildlife on Sinton Road for mandatory CWD testing. Elk have recently tested positive for CWD in our area.
***If you have questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions for services provided by Fort Carson and/or the Fort Carson Recreation Program, you are welcome to submit an Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) form by going here: Welcome to the Fort Carson ICE Site
*** For information on PCMS *** (e.g.. closures, safety briefs, & other information specific to PCMS) visit the PCMS Info page above.
***Important Information about***
- Free Wounded Warrior Hunt License - information is found on the Hunting page or Click HERE
- Access to Fort Carson Installation - Click HERE
***What does Fort Carson do with your permit fees? (click image to enlarge)
- Camp Falcon is NOT open for hunting
- Attention hunters - Fort Carson is not a Trophy Buck management area. Our deer population has been drastically reduced via over harvest to research several methods to control chronic wasting disease (CWD).
- All persons getting a downrange pass should be familiar with map reading and land navigation prior to accessing downrange areas.
- DO NOT ENTER training areas that are not part of the Block on your Downrange Pass.
SYSTEM OPERATION NOTES
Checking Out at the Kiosk
You must check out at the kiosk when leaving Fort Carson or PCMS. If you cannot checkout, then turn in your pass at Range Control.
Additionally, if you have problems checking in or out with iSportsman, please go to Range Control to do manual check-in/ out.
Directions To PCMS
The PCMS gate is located at mile marker 24, about 35 miles northeast of Trinidad and 50 miles southeast of La Junta on US Highway 350. The installation is 35 miles from the nearest store or gas, so plan accordingly. For more information on hunting at PCMS please visit the PCMS page.