Welcome to Fort Carson & Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site
iSportsman - Your Web-based Automated Recreation Service
RECENT NEWS & INFORMATION
NEW RECREATION & ISPORTMAN PROCEDURES FOR FORT CARSON & PIÑON CANYON
**ONLY for those who have ALREADY BOUGHT the recreation permit for this year (THOSE WHO BOUGHT BETWEEN APRIL-28 AUGUST 2017) AND YOU HAVE ATTENDED AN IN-PERSON RANGE SAFETY BRIEF, the following needs to be completed:
- Go to "Account Register & Log In Site" in the blue bar above and select "Register" from the dropdown. Complete the registration.
- DO NOT PURCHASE A PERMIT ON THE ISPORTSMAN after registering!!
- Call: 719-526-8006 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email hyperlink on "Contact Us" page) stating your name and that you have registered.
- DPW Wildlife will issue you a FREE recreation permit. After we issue the free permit, you can log in and print the permit out. The free permit will replace your old/previous Recreation permit.
- Any problems call or email info is listed in #3 above.
**For those who have already bought their recreation permit this year/season, but have not had a recreation range safety brief yet, go to "My Safety Briefs" in the blue bar at the top of the screen, after logging into your account. Take the brief and answer the question, iSportsman directs you to the permits, but you do not need to purchase one, because you have already got your permit for this year. Also, if you have already taken an in-person recreation range safety brief this year, but you just now registered and need your safety brief validated in iSportsman: try first calling 719-526-8006 or 719-526-3975 during normal duty hours, otherwise you can take the brief again following the instructions above to obtain validation of the brief on your account in iSportsman.
***REMINDER***If you have any problems with iSportsman (checking in for a downrange pass, Kiosk problems, etc.), you can go to Range Control and fill out a paper Down Range Pass. Range Control is at building 9550.
***If you have questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions for services provided by Fort Carson and/or the Fort Carson Recreation Program, you are welcome to submit an Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) form by going here: Welcome to the Fort Carson ICE Site
*** For information on PCMS *** (e.g.. closures, safety briefs, & other information specific to PCMS) visit the PCMS Info page above.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION about***
***What does Fort Carson do with your permit fees? (click image to enlarge)
- Camp Falcon is NOT open for hunting
- Attention hunters - Fort Carson is not a Trophy Buck management area. Our deer population has been drastically reduced via over harvest to research several methods to control chronic wasting disease (CWD).
- All persons getting a downrange pass should be familiar with map reading and land navigation prior to accessing downrange areas.
- The current FC/PCMS Regulation 200-6, "Wildlife Management and Recreation" can be viewed by clicking HERE.
- Game Management Unit (GMU) 591 - All Elk and Deer need to be taken to Colorado Parks & Wildlife on Sinton Road for mandatory CWD testing. Elk have recently tested positive for CWD in our area. Deer will also have one lower incisor removed for aging and a DNA sample taken for genetic research on CWD.
- DO NOT ENTER training areas that are not part of the Block on your Downrange Pass.
SYSTEM OPERATION NOTES
Checking Out at the Kiosk
You must check out at the kiosk when leaving Fort Carson or PCMS. If you cannot checkout, then turn in your pass at Range Control.
Additionally, if you have problems checking in or out with iSportsman, please go to Range Control to do manual check-in/ out.
Directions To PCMS
The PCMS gate is located at mile marker 24, about 35 miles northeast of Trinidad and 50 miles southeast of La Junta on US Highway 350. The installation is 35 miles from the nearest store or gas, so plan accordingly. For more information on hunting at PCMS please visit the PCMS page.