Welcome to Fort Carson & Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site
iSportsman - Your Web-based Automated Recreation Service
RECENT NEWS & INFORMATION
***REMINDER***If you have any problems with iSportsman (checking in for a downrange pass, Kiosk problems, etc.), you can go to Range Control and fill out a paper Down Range Pass. Range Control is at building 9550.
***We now have an exciting new feature available at Fort Carson (FC) and Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS)! We now have maps Electronically! Go to "Maps & Navigation" above to check it out.
***If you have questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions for services provided by Fort Carson and/or the Fort Carson Recreation Program, you are welcome to submit an Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) form by going here: Welcome to the Fort Carson ICE Site
*** For information on PCMS *** (e.g. closures, safety briefs, & other information specific to PCMS) visit the PCMS Info page above.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION about***
- YOUTH RECREATIONIST GOING DOWNRANGE - Click Here
- ACCESS REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER FORT CARSON - Click Here
- OPERATION OF ISPORTSMAN (PERMITS & DOWNRANGE PASSES) - Click Here
- FREE WOUNDED WARRIOR HUNT LICENSE - Click Here
***What does Fort Carson do with your permit fees? (click image to enlarge)
- Camp Falcon is NOT open for hunting
- Attention hunters - Fort Carson is not a Trophy Buck management area. Our deer population has been drastically reduced via over harvest to research several methods to control chronic wasting disease (CWD).
- All persons getting a downrange pass should be familiar with map reading and land navigation prior to accessing downrange areas.
- The current FC/PCMS Regulation 200-6, "Wildlife Management and Recreation" can be viewed by clicking HERE.
- Game Management Unit (GMU) 591 - All Elk and Deer need to be taken to Colorado Parks & Wildlife on Sinton Road for mandatory CWD testing. Elk have recently tested positive for CWD in our area. Deer will also have one lower incisor removed for aging and a DNA sample taken for genetic research on CWD.
- DO NOT ENTER training areas that are not part of the Block on your Downrange Pass.
SYSTEM OPERATION NOTES
Checking Out at the Kiosk
You must check out at the kiosk when leaving Fort Carson or PCMS. If you cannot checkout, then turn in your pass at Range Control.
Additionally, if you have problems checking in or out with iSportsman, please go to Range Control to do manual check-in/ out.
Directions To PCMS
The PCMS gate is located at mile marker 24, about 35 miles northeast of Trinidad and 50 miles southeast of La Junta on US Highway 350. The installation is 35 miles from the nearest store or gas, so plan accordingly. For more information on hunting at PCMS please visit the PCMS page.