Camping at Fort Carson
- Tent and RV camping is allowed year-round at Womack, Townsend, Haymes, and Northside reservoirs. RV’s are restricted to the gravel parking areas. Tent camping is permitted anywhere within 50-feet of gravel parking areas that is not posted as a no camping area.
- A valid recreational range safety brief and permit are required for camping at Fort Carson. A downrange pass is not required. Electrical and water/sewage hook-ups are not available.
- Pavilions located at Townsend and Haymes reservoirs are for day use on a first come, first-served basis and may not be used for camping.
Camping at Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS)
- Tent and RV camping is permitted only on designated dates and at designated sites. Currently, camping at PCMS is restricted to the Hill Ranch located 1-mile north of the main gate on highway 350.
- A valid recreational permit is required for camping at PCMS. A downrange pass is not required, but recreationists must check-in with the Directorate of Public Works Wildlife Office at PCMS prior to camping.
- Electrical and water/sewage hook-ups are not available.
- Camping is limited to a maximum of 21 days in any given month.
- Starting, tending, or maintaining a fire is prohibited at non-designated areas.
- Use of charcoal and gas grills is generally permitted in designated camping areas, but must be placed at least 10-feet away from any combustible structures, fences, or other combustible items. Further distances may be required dependent on surrounding area.
- Charcoals shall be properly extinguished and completely cold prior to disposal or leaving unattended.
- An increased level of fire restriction may be enforced on Fort Carson and Pinon Canyon as determined by the commander.
CAMPING AT CAMP FALCON AND TURKEY CREEK RANCH
Fort Carson Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (DFMWR) handles all recreation (including camping) at Camp Falcon (located by Gate 6) and Turkey Creek Ranch (located approximately 9 miles south of the main gate). Click here for more information. A DPW Recreational Permit is not required at Camp Falcon, but check DFMWR website for their requirements.