Rules for Camping
- A recreational permit is required to camp on FC and PCMS. At least one person, per camper or tent, must possess a valid recreation permit. Non-permitted campers engaged in recreation, other than camping, must possess a valid FC recreation permit. Permit proof must be displayed while camping in permitted areas. Extra copies of the recreational permits can be made from the recreationists account.
- Camping is limited to a maximum of 21 days in any given month.
- Starting, tending, or maintaining a fire is prohibited at non-designated areas.
- Use of charcoal and gas grills is generally permitted in designated camping areas, but must be placed at least 10-feet away from any combustible structures, fences, or other combustible items. Further distances may be required dependent on surrounding area.
- Charcoals shall be properly extinguished and completely cold prior to disposal or leaving unattended.
- An increased level of fire restriction may be enforced on Fort Carson and Pinon Canyon as determined by the commander.
Camping - Fort Carson
- Tent and RV camping is allowed year-round at Womack, Townsend, Haymes, and Northside reservoirs. RV’s are restricted to the gravel parking areas. Tent camping is permitted anywhere within 50-feet of gravel parking areas that is not posted as a no camping area.
- A valid recreational range safety brief and permit are required for camping at Fort Carson. A downrange pass is not required. Electrical and water/sewage hook-ups are not available.
- Pavilions located at Townsend and Haymes reservoirs are for day use on a first come, first-served basis and may not be used for camping.
Camping - Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS)
- Tent and RV camping is permitted only on designated dates and at designated sites. Currently, camping at PCMS is restricted to the Hill Ranch located 1-mile north of the main gate on highway 350.
- A valid recreational permit is required for camping at PCMS.
- Electrical and water/sewage hook-ups are not available. However, port-a-potties and trash service is available.
Camping - Camp Falcon
Fort Carson Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (DFMWR) handles all recreation (including camping) at Camp Falcon (located by Gate 6). Click here for more information. A DPW Recreational Permit is not valid at Camp Falcon, but check DFMWR website for their requirements.