DOWN RANGE SAFETY BRIEF INFORMATION
ATTENTION: All recreationists planning to go downrange must attend an annual range safety briefing at either Fort Carson or Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS). The briefing is valid for either installation. The "briefing year" is considered March through March 31 of next year. Briefing attendance is required before getting a downrange pass.
Fort Carson Safety Briefing Information:
**Location for the Fort Carson Safety Briefings has changed. The location for ALL Recreational Range Safety Briefs will now be at Building 1129, which is located at the corner of Specker Ave. and Ellis St. Directions to Building 1129:
- Entering From Gate 1/Main Gate (off Hwy. 115)
- Take Nelson Blvd. straight
- Turn Left on Chiles Ave. (go approximately 3 blocks)
- Turn Right on Ellis St. (go approximately 2 blocks)
- Building 1129 is located on the northeast corner of Ellis St. and Specker Ave.
- Entering From Gate 20 (off Interstate 25)
- Take Magrath Ave./Specker Ave.
- Road turns into Specker Ave.
- Stay on Specker Ave. for a little over 3 miles
- Building 1129 is located on the northeast corner of Specker Ave. and Ellis St.
Dates for the Fort Carson 2017 Down Range Recreational Safety Briefing are below.
- Scheduled recreation briefs start 1800 (6pm), everyone should be seated at that time. No one will be allowed to attend if not seated at that time.
- Sign in will be 30 minutes prior to each class respectfully.
- If unable to attend at 6pm make plans to attend a later class. The information provided enables all of our recreationists the opportunity to receive current information supporting a great experience.
Briefing Scheduled Dates for 2017:
- March 1 and 29
- April 5 and 26
- May 3 and 31
- June 7 and 28
- July 5 and 26
- August 2 and 30
- September 6 and 27
- October 4 and 25
- November 1 and 29 (THIS IS THE LAST BRIEFING FOR THE YEAR!)
- No Briefings in December.
Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site Briefing Information:
The briefings are held in Building 300 in the conference room. If you have not purchased your Recreation Permit, you may purchase one after the brief.
Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site Safety Briefing Schedule and other information can be viewed at the PCMS Schedule page.