DOWN RANGE SAFETY BRIEF INFORMATION
Requirements for Access and Completion of the Range Safety Brief on Fort Carson (FC) and Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS)
- The range safety brief is available as a video presentation through the iSportsman website. Briefs are not given in-person at FC or PCMS anymore.
- All recreationist and those collecting wood downrange are required to complete the range safety brief, once, annually. Recreationist includes those getting a hunting or fishing only permit, combo permit, discounted permits, or one-day fishing permit.
- The brief will be valid until March 31 of each year. The time frame for the annual brief runs from April 1, or if after April 1, the time of completion to March 31 of the following year.
- All recreation permits or the downrange wood collection permit will not be visible until completion of the annual range safety brief.
- After completion of the brief, you will be directed to the permits page to purchase your permit (permits can be bought at that time or later, if needed). Permits will also be available by going to "Aquire Permits" from your account's home page.
- Printed certification of completion of the range safety brief is not needed.
Instructions for Accessing the Brief on the iSportsman Website
- Customers will need to log into their accounts to access the brief (If not already completed, customers log into their account after a one-time registration).
- While logged into your account:
- Select "My Safety Briefs" in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
- Select the hyperlink, read the instructions, and complete the range safety brief.
- The video is controlled by a timer and proceeds or forwards to the next frame according to a preset time.
- The video may be paused by pressing the play/pause icon in the lower left of the screen. The information on each screen can be paused, printed, or written down as needed. To continue the presentation after pausing, press the play/pause icon again.
- A final question must be answered at the end of the range safety brief presentation. You must read the question and select agree to continue, which means you understand and agree to follow instructions/rules presented in the brief.
- You can see validation of your completed brief by selecting "My Account" in the blue bar at the top of the screen, then select "Account Details" from the dropdown, and finally select "Validations" in the white section along the top.
- If there are any questions or you need help, call 719-526-8006.