RECREATION PERMIT INFORMATION
A Recreation Permit is required for wildlife and outdoor recreation on Fort Carson (FC) and Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS). This Recreation Permit does NOT include Turkey Creek Ranch and Camp Falcon Recreation Areas.
Permits are purchased after logging into your account. Accounts are created by first registering (or creating the account) on iSportsman. A current year Range Safety Brief is required before purchasing ANY Recreation Permits.
Everyone going downrange must have a downrange pass. To get a downrange pass, you must have completed the range safety brief and purchased a permit for the year. A downrange pass is NOT required for our Reservoirs (Womack, Townsend, Haymes, and Northside) and the Outdoor Recreation Management Area, but a recreation permit is required.
Fort Carson and PCMS permits fees are determined in accordance with (IAW) 32 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 190 and Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 4715.03.
- Fishing (Fishing Only Permit): Any form of collecting fish or other vertebrates from bodies of water on Fort Carson.
- Hunting (Hunting Only Permit): Any form of wildlife harvest practices (e.g., rifle, muzzleloader, bow, crossbow, traps, dog training with caps and/or blanks), other than wildlife living in bodies of water, on FC.
- Combination Fishing and Hunting Permit: Permit that allows fishing, hunting, and non-consumptive recreation.
- Non-Consumptive: Any recreation on FC that does not involve disturbing or harvesting of fish, wildlife, and/or natural resources (e.g., birding, camping, sight-seeing, antler shed hunting, dog training without caps and/or blanks).
Active-duty Dependents do NOT qualify for $1 Disabled & Purple Heart Veteran Permit.
No permit is needed for recreationist 11 years of age or younger.
ANNUAL RECREATION PERMITS
$30 Fishing Permit
This Recreation permit is valid for FISHING ONLY, but also includes Non-Consumptive Recreation, for individuals between 18-63 years of age at FC.
$40 Hunting Permit
This Recreation permit is valid for HUNTING ONLY, but also includes Non-Consumptive Recreation, for individuals between 18-63 years of age at FC and/or PCMS.
$50 Combination/Hunting and Fishing Permit
This Recreation permit is valid for ALL wildlife/outdoor recreational purposes (i.e., fishing, hunting, and non-consumptive recreation) for individuals between 18-63 years of age on FC and/or PCMS.
DISCOUNT ANNUAL RECREATION PERMITS
$1.00 Colorado Disabled and Purple Heart Veteran Permit
This Fort Carson Recreation permit is valid for ALL wildlife/outdoor recreational purposes (i.e., hunting, fishing, and non-consumptive recreation), for Colorado Veterans who are:
- Possessors of a "Colorado Parks and Wildlife Veteran's Lifetime Combination Small Game Hunting/Fishing License" (VA Combo License), or
- Purple Heart recipients who possess documented proof, or
- Combat wounded Soldiers in the Wounded Warrior or Safe Harbors program that possess a physician’s statement certifying the status of a patient’s medical condition.
$25 Senior and Youth Permit
This Recreation permit is valid for ALL wildlife/outdoor recreational purposes (i.e., hunting, fishing, and non-consumptive recreation), for:
- Seniors who are 64 years of age or older, or
- Youth between 12-17 years of age, or
- Civilians who possess a "Colorado Parks and Wildlife Free Lifetime Fishing License."
$25 Non-Consumptive Recreation Permit
This Recreation permit is valid for NON-CONSUMPTIVE Recreational purposes ONLY for individuals between 18-63 years of age on FC and/or PCMS.
ONE-DAY RECREATION PERMIT
$10 One-Day Fishing Permit
This Recreation permit is for one day (24 hour) fishing only on Fort Carson. This permit will be valid for 24 hours from date and time of issuance.
GROUP-CLUB ANNUAL RECREATION PERMIT
$500 Special Use Permit
This Recreation permit is for approved Hunting Clubs and requires a MOU signed by the Garrison Commander.